This is achieved by, but not limited to, the following means:
* Providing a comprehensive website that is regularly updated to reflect the latest news, research and understanding of PDA
* A range of literature, leaflets and booklets that are freely available on our website and that can also be downloaded
* PDA specific parenting courses and workshops
* Free enquiry line for parents, professionals and adults with PDA
* Raising Awareness of PDA by attending ASD/SEN events
* Fundraising and applying for grants
* Social media including facebook and twitter
* Producing a series of webinars
* Hosting and moderating a parent support forum
Candidates would ideally need to have a good understanding and knowledge of PDA and preferably be the parent of a person with PDA, although this is not essential for candidates who have skills in specific areas that can assist our charity such as IT skills, professional knowledge or experience in the areas of training and delivering workshops.
Can you help?
Candidates would also need to have good organisational skills and be able to work as part of a dedicated team to help the PDA Society deliver its charitable aims and objectives.
In addition to providing the above, suitable candidates would also be required to attend regular meetings, which are currently held once every two months and may involve travel to Nottingham, Stoke on Trent or Rotherham. However, the frequency and location of these meetings may be subject to change.
If you are interested in applying for the position of a Trustee for the PDA Society please email email@example.com and request an application form.
Please get in touch...
Successful applicants will be asked to attend an interview on Friday 19/05/17 in Stoke on Trent.
The closing date for applications is Monday 01/05/17.