About PDA - Resources
Obsessional Avoidance of Everyday Demands - by Phil Christie
This article was first published in BACP Children and Young People Journal, June 2015
|What is Pathological demand avoidance syndrome?'; Margo Duncan; Your Autism magazine|
|A Parent's Guide to Understanding Pathological Demand Avoidance syndrome (PDA)|
|Recognising Autism Spectrum Disorders in the Early Years|
Other sources of advice:
- The PDA Resource contains links to various websites, Facebook pages, blogs, documents, graphics, & videos etc.
- PDA Guidance Blog, created by Jane Sherwin
- Pathological Demand Avoidance: Behavioural Strategies advice sheet, from Autism West Midlands
- CISPDA Comunidad Internacional Síndrome PDA (Spanish)
- PDA Matters (USA based charity)
- Pathological Demand Avoidance (PDA) - what actually changes now? Special Needs Jungle
- Can't help Won't: Pathological Demand Avoidance Syndrome Neil Ayres. Article on Huffington Post.
- What is Pathological Demand Avoidance? An adult's perspective. Article by Julia Daunt for Autism Network
- An interview with Phil Christie Blog Post by Julia Daunt
- 'Pathological Demand Avoidance' The Good Schools Guide. Information Sheet relating to PDA.
- Learning to cope with your childs Pathological Demand Avoidance Angela Kelly, for Special Needs Jungle
- The anxiety of Uncertainty: How do they cope? - Bill Nason's Autism Discussion Page on Facebook
- The more inflexible the child, the more flexible the adult needs to be - Bill Nason's Autism Discussion Page on Facebook