Here are some links that we hope you find useful. If you would like to suggest links you think we should add to this page, please contact us.
- Liz O'Nions PDA research web site *New content - poster summary of latest PDA research by O'Nions et al.*
- Emma Gore Langton's web site and Positive PDA booklet with simple strategies for supporting children in school (co written with Zoe Syson)
- Autism East Midlands (formerly NORSACA) / Elizabeth Newson Centre
- National Autistic Society information on PDA
- National Autistic Society information - How can I help a child with PDA at my school?
Lectures & webinars:
- Pathological Demand Avoidance Syndrome (PDA): new finding; Francesca Happé; Mind the gap conference, Gillberg Neuropsychiatry Centre
- NAS / Axcis education webinar relating to educational approaches useful when supporting a child with PDA – scroll down the list to find the PDA webinar link
You Tube/ Vimeo Videos:
- Horses Helping Children with Pathological Demand Avoidance
- Videos from the 2011 National Autistic Society PDA conference (interviews with researchers and professionals attending)
Advice Sheets/ Blogs
- PDA Guidance Blog, created by Jane Sherwin *NEW February 2016
- Pathological Demand Avoidance: Behavioural Strategies advice sheet, from Autism West Midlands
Discussion Group for Professionals:
Autism Network (join as a member then look for the PDA related group)
- The PDA Resource contains links to various websites, Facebook pages, blogs, documents, graphics, & videos etc.
- CISPDA Comunidad Internacional Síndrome PDA (Spanish)
- PDA Matters (USA based charity)
PDA related articles:
- The trials of securing a PDA diagnosis; SEN magazine
- Life with PDA; Anna Kennedy Online
- Pathological Demand Avoidance - one familys story Special Needs Jungle
- Pathological Demand Avoidance Syndrome and self-harm; Diagnosis Withheld
- The anxiety of Uncertainty: How do they cope? - Bill Nason's Autism Discussion Page on Facebook
- The more inflexible the child, the more flexible the adult needs to be - Bill Nason's Autism Discussion Page on Facebook
- 'Look Beyond' A poem by Hazel Waterson
- Pathological Demand Avoidance (PDA) - what actually changes now? Special Needs Jungle
- Obsessional Avoidance of Everyday Demands. Phil Christie. this article first appeared in the June 2015 edition of the BACP Children and young people's Journal.
- Can't help Won't: Pathological Demand Avoidance Syndrome Neil Ayres. Article on Huffington Post.
- What is Pathological Demand Avoidance? An adult's perspective. Article by Julia Daunt for Autism Network
- An interview with Phil Christie (Blog Post by Julia Daunt)
- 'Pathological Demand Avoidance' The Good Schools Guide. Information Sheet relating to PDA.
- Jeckyll and Hyde or Pathological Demand Avoindance Syndrome? Tania Marshall. Blog Post
- How Pathological Demand Avoidance has changed the way I parent Stories about Autism blog post *NEW June 2016
- Learning to cope with your childs Pathological Demand Avoidance Angela Kelly, for Special Needs Jungle *NEW June 2016
- Hannah takes on Ben Nevis and wins - Article from Berwickshire News *NEW June 2016
A list of PDA related blogs and facebook groups can be found by clicking here
Please note the above links are external to the PDA Society web site, and the PDA Society is not making any recommendations nor is responsible for the content of these sites.
Please contact us if you discover any broken links or would like to make suggestions for links to add.