Personal Experiences - Resources
Here are some links that we hope you find useful. If you would like to suggest links you think we should add to this page, please contact us.
- Liz O'Nions PDA research web site *New content - poster summary of latest PDA research by O'Nions et al.*
- Emma Gore Langton's web site and Positive PDA booklet with simple strategies for supporting children in school (co written with Zoe Syson)
You Tube/ Vimeo Videos:
- Horses Helping Children with Pathological Demand Avoidance
- Videos from the 2011 National Autistic Society PDA conference (interviews with researchers and professionals attending)
PDA related articles:
- The trials of securing a PDA diagnosis; SEN magazine
- Life with PDA; Anna Kennedy Online
- Pathological Demand Avoidance - one familys story Special Needs Jungle
- Pathological Demand Avoidance Syndrome and self-harm; Diagnosis Withheld
- The anxiety of Uncertainty: How do they cope? - Bill Nason's Autism Discussion Page on Facebook
- The more inflexible the child, the more flexible the adult needs to be - Bill Nason's Autism Discussion Page on Facebook
- 'Look Beyond' A poem by Hazel Waterson
- Pathological Demand Avoidance (PDA) - what actually changes now? Special Needs Jungle
- Jeckyll and Hyde or Pathological Demand Avoindance Syndrome? Tania Marshall. Blog Post
- How Pathological Demand Avoidance has changed the way I parent Stories about Autism blog post
- Learning to cope with your childs Pathological Demand Avoidance Angela Kelly, for Special Needs Jungle
- Hannah takes on Ben Nevis and wins - Article from Berwickshire News
A list of PDA related blogs and facebook groups can be found by clicking here
Please note the above links are external to the PDA Society web site, and the PDA Society is not making any recommendations nor is responsible for the content of these sites.
Please contact us if you discover any broken links or would like to make suggestions for links to add.