Sign In

Please sign in using the log in form at the top of this page or click here

Not a member

You need to register before you can start a new discussion or comment on a post.

Click the button below to go to our forum registration page.

In this Discussion

If you have previously used our old forum, please spend some time exploring the new forum. All the discussions have been copied over from the old forum. If you need any help please contact us using the link in the grey bar at the top of the page. Thank you for your patience.
Welcome to the PDA Society Forum. Please take time to read the 'Forum terms and conditions' post, which can be found in the 'announcements' area of the forum. Thank you.
When you log into the new forum for the first time, you may wish to select 'Mark All Viewed' from the blue bar above to stop all messages showing as 'new'
PDA Society webinar
  • VikkiT
    Understanding Pathological Demand Avoidance – part of the Autism spectrum

The PDA Society would like to invite you to our two-part webinar to help increase your understanding of PDA, highlight helpful strategies and signpost where to go for more information.

Part one (Thursday March 16th 11.30am UK time) will focus on understanding PDA – looking at the history of the diagnosis, the view of professionals and the latest research, key characteristics and what exactly constitutes a demand. It will end with a Q&A session. You can register for part one here: http://www.workcast.com/register?pak=4774633347614563&cpak=3526586978537598

Part two (Thursday March 23rd 11.30am UK time) will focus on helpful strategies and our personal mindset plus signpost additional resources. There will be another Q&A session at the end. You can register for part two here: http://www.workcast.com/register?pak=9307469017235754&cpak=2886898666589652

The webinar is primarily designed for parents/carers of children with PDA or who feel that PDA may be the best ‘fit’ for their child’s profile, but may also be helpful for professionals (medical, education, social care) as well as parents/carers of adults with PDA.

A recording of the webinar will be available afterwards if you aren’t able to join us live.

Further details will also be posted on our social media channels Facebook @thepdasociety and Twitter @PDASociety.
  • PlanetAutism
    Where has the webinar recording been put online please?
  • Holly59

PlanetAutism said:

Where has the webinar recording been put online please?

http://www.workcast.com/?pak=4774633347614563

It's on the FB page. There was an issue with the recording at the end but it will be rectified tomorrow.

Pat xx
  • PlanetAutism
    Thanks Pat.
  • Sophie43
    I would like to share the webinar with my child's teachers. Is there a link for people who did not register, to watch the recording of the webinar that I could put in an email?
  • PlanetAutism
    That link doesn't work. It just comes up with a screen to register for the event!
  • Holly59

Sophie43 said:

I would like to share the webinar with my child's teachers. Is there a link for people who did not register, to watch the recording of the webinar that I could put in an email?

https://www.facebook.com/thepdasociety

It's on the FB page .

Pat.

You have to register for the second one to view.

Pat xx
  • I am not registered on Facebook and like Sophie43 I would like to share a link with those who didn't register.
  • PlanetAutism
    I have registered for the 2nd one and it confirmed I was registered and took me to the next screen ("Congratulations, you are now registered for: Understanding PDA - Part Two"), but when I use my email on the link for the 1st webinar it won't let me access it, it says "The details you entered are not recognised. Please check and try again or register now." So I still can't access it!
  • Holly59

PlanetAutism said:

I have registered for the 2nd one and it confirmed I was registered and took me to the next screen ("Congratulations, you are now registered for: Understanding PDA - Part Two"), but when I use my email on the link for the 1st webinar it won't let me access it, it says "The details you entered are not recognised. Please check and try again or register now." So I still can't access it!

Will email my contact for you ladies. Might be tomorrow before they respond .

Done. Modern technology!!

Pat xx
  • VikkiT
    Sorry you've had some bother with the webinar recordings all ... this is a link to a version of the recording for which you don't have to register. After part two this week we'll put both recordings on our website too.

http://ll1.workcast.net/10922/4789959549184364/Media/10922_20170317145406919_16MarchMedia.mp4

We've had a few teething problems but hope to iron them out and continue to use the webinar format as a way of reaching a greater number of people in future.

Thanks for your support and thank you Pat for bringing this to my attention.

All the best,
    Vikki
  • Holly59

VikkiT said:

Sorry you've had some bother with the webinar recordings all ... this is a link to a version of the recording for which you don't have to register. After part two this week we'll put both recordings on our website too.

http://ll1.workcast.net/10922/4789959549184364/Media/10922_20170317145406919_16MarchMedia.mp4

We've had a few teething problems but hope to iron them out and continue to use the webinar format as a way of reaching a greater number of people in future.

Thanks for your support and thank you Pat for bringing this to my attention.

All the best,
    Vikki

Super efficient. That's a WOW .
  • PlanetAutism
    Brilliant.
  • PlanetAutism
    Don't know if anyone else has had this problem, but it played until less than 1/3 and stopped with an error message saying "video can't be played because the file is corrupt." I reloaded/refreshed the page and tried again and it got to exactly the same point and did the same. It's at the page on Barry Prizant's book and trust, right where the narrator says "...to do this the single most imp..." and cuts out.
  • VikkiT
    Hi PlanetAutism

PlanetAutism said:

Don't know if anyone else has had this problem, but it played until less than 1/3 and stopped with an error message saying "video can't be played because the file is corrupt." I reloaded/refreshed the page and tried again and it got to exactly the same point and did the same. It's at the page on Barry Prizant's book and trust, right where the narrator says "...to do this the single most imp..." and cuts out.

I think this is a buffering/wifi issue to be honest ... maybe try not having any other devices on your wifi whilst you're watching the webinar?

Sorry to hear you're having difficulties ...

Bye for now
    Vikki
  • PlanetAutism
    I don't know why it would say 'corrupt file' if that were the case though? It had no signs of buffering whilst I was watching up until that point. There were no other devices on the wifi. Odd.
  • VikkiT

PlanetAutism said:

I don't know why it would say 'corrupt file' if that were the case though? It had no signs of buffering whilst I was watching up until that point. There were no other devices on the wifi. Odd.

Yes I agree that sounds odd, have you had another go?

It's really tricky because some people are saying they've listened to it with no problem (and indeed some had no problem with the live event either!) ... ??

Technology!!
  • PlanetAutism
    I will try it on a different browser. I do tend to have a weird effect on technology sometimes. I think I have a huge electrical aural field! :))
  • Holly59

PlanetAutism said:

I will try it on a different browser. I do tend to have a weird effect on technology sometimes. I think I have a huge electrical aural field! :))

Are you sure it's not those LARGE glasses of wine !
  • PlanetAutism
    @-) 8-} Could be!
  • Holly59
    http://ll1.workcast.net/10922/4789959549184364/Documents/webinar part 1 - Q&A.pdf

Questions answered from the first Webinar they could not fit in .

Pat xx
  • Holly59

Holly59 said:

http://ll1.workcast.net/10922/4789959549184364/Documents/webinar part 1 - Q&A.pdf

Questions answered from the first Webinar they could not fit in .

Planetautism the " Aura " is the effect of knocking back copious glasses of alcohol. Either that or you might need " Irlen lenses " like me !!

Knew everything was not down to the " Age" word.

Pat xx

• dirtmother
    Computers say any old rubbish when they panic!

Please Log in or Register to comment on this discussion.