This page signposts some sources of useful information, support and advice regarding education.
The PDA Society takes considerable care to check the services that we signpost, however we’re not responsible for the quality, experience or outcomes from third party organisations. We’re currently developing an accreditation process for services and organisations and will list these in due course, in the meantime please use our enquiry line service for more information if required.
When accessing services and support, it is likely that you’ll need to share information about the PDA profile of autism and what approaches are helpful with PDA with all the people you are in contact with – please feel free to print off or send links to any of the information on our website.
PDA specific support
- PDA Society Enquiry Line Service
- PDA Society Forum
- Education-related PDA support groups
- PDA & School
- Education, Health and Care Plans to support a PDA profile of autism
Special educational needs charities
- Good Schools Guide
- National Autistic Society schools
- Special Needs Guide
- Schools Advice Service
- SEN Schools Guide
- Local authorities have lists of schools in their area
- Not Fine in School
- School Refusal Support Services
- Define Fine
- The National Autistic Society provides useful information to help everyone understand difficulties with school and ‘school refusal’ – though please note that the strategies suggested would require considerable adaptation for a PDA child.
- Fran Morgan from Square Peg talks about the barriers to school attendance in this presentation