PDA Matters is a charity based in the United States whose main function is Raising Awareness and Spreading Hope (RASH) about PDA in the US. They are starting in a small way, aiming to expand as resources permit.
They aim to:
- provide information to raise awareness about pathological demand avoidance;
- foster international links between the US and other countries on PDA matters;
- facilitate communication between parents and carers of children seriously believed to have PDA;
- offer a discussion forum for teachers and other professionals interested in better handling of PDA children;
- (where possible) spread hope about the future for PDA children.
In addition, PDA Matters:
- promotes research into PDA;
- works towards having PDA recognized in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM).