Sign In

Please sign in using the log in form at the top of this page or click here

Not a member

You need to register before you can start a new discussion or comment on a post.

Click the button below to go to our forum registration page.

In this Discussion

Welcome to the PDA Society Forum. Please take time to read the 'Forum terms and conditions', which can be found via this webpage:https://www.pdasociety.org.uk/terms-and-conditions and also in our NEW Forum User Guide: https://www.pdasociety.org.uk/forum/forum-users-guide-created
Messages in the 'General Discussions' category of the forum are visible to all internet users. You are therefore advised not to post anything of a confidential nature in this category.
Welcome to the PDA Society Discussion Forum. Please read our User Guide for more information and contact forum@pdasociety.org.uk if you would like to join one of our closed Member Forums for registered members only.
where has every one gone
  • Pamela
    I can't believe how quiet the site has gone...almost to non existant! Where is every one?
  • MHO
    I agree with you, Pamela. There is so little activity on the forum these days that I wonder if everyone has deserted this site to post messages elsewhere. If so I find that rather disappointing. Please lets hear from some of you!
  • Pamela
    I use other websites to post mesages because they are more active.....but I check this one at least three times a day!
  • MHO
    I can't compete with that, Pamela! I usually check the website at least once daily but not three times! I'm glad that there are two of us regulars still corresponding, but where are all the rest of you? Please lets be hearing from you. Don't let such a valuable resource die from neglect.
  • Amanda
    Hey I check in regularly too you know :P
  • Pamela
    Hi Mand...... :wink:
  • MHO
    Hi Amanda
    Glad to hear from you. That makes three of us then! I know you've posted quite regularly in the past, but don't you agree that all the forums have been a bit dormant recently?
  • Amanda
    Yes I do but you can't make people post can you and the less they do the less people will keep coming back. Pam and I spend time on other websites, not only for PDA but sometimes there are benefits to meeting up with parents of kids with other disabilities.
  • MHO
    I agree that you can't make people post if they don't want to, but I was hoping to encourage people to do so because, as you say, the lack of new messages to read will not exactly inspire people to contribute any themselves. I know there are other websites that deal with a wider spectrum of disabilities but, as far as I know, this is the only website dedicated to PDA and, as such, I feel it should be valued and nurtured.
  • What are these other forums that are so popular?
    Or should I be asking that here?!!!!

I check in this forum quite a lot, though havent been as often over last couple of weeks as just returned to work after maternity leave....

It would be so sad if this forum was not here as there is no other place you can talk to parents about PDA, well I haven't found any other parents in South Yorkshire at least.

It is only on this website that people have been orgainising meets etc, which I think is really good.
  • Amanda
    As frar as I know this is the only one exclusively for PDA but there are benefits to forums that cater for Parents of children with all sorts of needs. I think there are a lot of issues we face as parents that we can help each other with.
This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions