Sign In

Please sign in using the log in form at the top of this page or click here

Not a member

You need to register before you can start a new discussion or comment on a post.

Click the button below to go to our forum registration page.

In this Discussion

• webb November 2006
Welcome to the PDA Society Forum. Please take time to read the 'Forum terms and conditions', which can be found via this webpage:https://www.pdasociety.org.uk/terms-and-conditions and also in our NEW Forum User Guide: https://www.pdasociety.org.uk/forum/forum-users-guide-created
Messages in the 'General Discussions' category of the forum are visible to all internet users. You are therefore advised not to post anything of a confidential nature in this category.
Welcome to the PDA Society Discussion Forum. Please read our User Guide for more information and contact forum@pdasociety.org.uk if you would like to join one of our closed Member Forums for registered members only.
Autism Support Services - any good for PDA?
  • What are people's experiences of referral to Autism Support Services?

They are visiting school next week - friends whose children have ASDs speak highly of them but from the advance info they've sent there is no indication that they realise they are not dealing with an ASD this time. (The new SALT hadn't read the report and so didn't appreciate the nature of his pervasive developmental disorder)
  • webbwebb
    Hi,

This is a difficult one!
    PDA is closely related to Autism ie it is in the Family of Pervasive Development Disorders but it is not Autism!
    You will need to ask the Autism Support Service if they fully understand the differences between PDA and Autism before they start advising you or school what to do with your child.
    I had good info from them concerning my other child with Asperger Syndrome.
    My PDA child is in a school for Autistic children and the staff recognise the differences, therefore maybe the Autism Support Service will too.
    The best advice I can give is ask them if they know the difference!!!

Paula
This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions