Sign In

Please sign in using the log in form at the top of this page or click here

Not a member

You need to register before you can start a new discussion or comment on a post.

Click the button below to go to our forum registration page.

In this Discussion

Welcome to the PDA Society Forum. Please take time to read the 'Forum terms and conditions', which can be found via this webpage:https://www.pdasociety.org.uk/terms-and-conditions and also in our NEW Forum User Guide: https://www.pdasociety.org.uk/forum/forum-users-guide-created
Messages in the 'General Discussions' category of the forum are visible to all internet users. You are therefore advised not to post anything of a confidential nature in this category.
Welcome to the PDA Society Discussion Forum. Please read our User Guide for more information and contact forum@pdasociety.org.uk if you would like to join one of our closed Member Forums for registered members only.
Possible summer meet up with a one night stay
  • Hi guys

Well on the forum i set up early March there are a few of us that want to meet up this summer and i thought maybe we could do an overnight stay also, the reason being that some of us are very far apart. I am willing to travel 2 hours to get to a destination but i feel it may be too much for the kids to travel all round 4 hours, along with a hectic days outing.

It would be a great opportunity for us to meet up and spend some quality time together with people who really understand.

If anyone is up for it let me know and any input of a location would be much appreciated.

I have seen a few places (links below) and i really am a novice with this kind of thing but wanted to give it a bash to try an organise it.

I have a family member who is in the hotel business (nationwide hotels) and we can get rooms for a very good price and if people dont mind sharing (family rooms are 2 adults & 2 children) then it can be even cheaper! :)

http://www.stickneyfarmpark.co.uk/index.html

http://www.whitepostfarmcentre.co.uk/

http://www.derbyarboretum.co.uk/Intropage.htm

Bambi x
  • Amanda
    You must be close to us, White post Farm is only sabout 10 miles from us :D
  • Im in west yorkshire but im prepared to travel :)

Bambi x
  • webbwebb
    Hi Bambi
    I'm afraid I vowed never to stay in a hotel with my son again but he is OK in the car so as we are in Nottingham we may be able to travel to meet up with you.
    A meet up is a good idea, hope it comes off.
    Paula
  • Pamela
    I dont think we can make that one....Olivia coped ok with just a few hours! She really wouldnt deal with any longer. I hope you have a good day and let us know how it goes.
  • funkymamu
    Id be willing to travel if i can get accomodation for me and the 2 kids. I'm not sure whether we would travel by train/coach/car as i have only had my license a couple of years. It really all depends on how long/much the trip is. S gets bored really easily whereas A will hide with her DS :D
  • OK guys no worries i know how difficult things can be, well the date i was looking at is Friday 3rd August. is that ok for who wants to come?

I can sort out accomodation for a VERY good price at a travel inn and the room sleeps 2 adults & 2 children.

Bambi x
  • Amanda
    Where?
  • Not known where as yet hopefully we will have an idea end of the month, open to all suggestions tho :)

Bambi x
  • THIS IS MY 1ST POST ON THIS FORUM. WHITE POST FARM SOUNDS GREAT BUT HAVE YOU THOUGHT ABOUT THE PARK DIRECTLY ACROSS THE ROAD FROM THERE? I BELIEVE ITS CALLED WONDERLAND. i used to work as a play leader at a local adventure playground and we frequently took groups of 40 kids to this place. there's more to do than at whitepost, small rollercoaster, train ride , loads of slides, maze tropical house and tons of other things to do. it's been a couple of years since i last went so no doubt it has grown :lol:
  • webbwebb
    Hi
    Wonderland is very good for children 0-11. Either place would be good for a day out. Whitepost farm has more to do inside if it's wet.
    SORRY...I can't make that day. Out of the whole 6 weeks off school my son is on a special needs playscheme Tues-Fri that week. Already paid for it.
    If everyone else is free then go ahead and I'll meet you all next time.
  • mango69
    Hi Bambi,
    My vote is for the Wonderland Place - I am working in the morning but I think I could make it for the afternoon/evening but we would not be staying the night as we are only in Sheffield and staying overnight would be too stressful! Keep us posted where you decide and we will turn up wherever - it would be nice to meet you.
  • Maryann
    i would love to go, i also think wonderland would be better for the age range reason, whitepost farm if i remember right is mainly for young ones? but mainly because its enclosed, i couldnt take her to a large park i dont know, and would have to keep her on reigns, as she could run off and ive spent hours trying for find her in small arboretums. at whitepost i know i can let her run around and not worry to much about finding her quickly, if she runs off.
  • westd_Moderatorwestd_Moderator
    I would not mind visiting either place and would like to be there! We visited White Post Farm recently and both my kids (8 and 2) enjoyed it. The date is okay too I think, and I think I could find my way there again as it is not too far from me. It would be nice to meet some of you face to face! :D
  • Amanda
    Same here, we meeting up or what Bambi?
  • Hi guys

Im so sorry i havent been about but i have had so much going on and finally i am moving to a different area!!!!!

I move to a place under a different LA & LEA which i can only see as a positive for Ts needs to be met and for more professionals to see what is REALLY going on!

Im so sorry but due to my move on 12th August i am unable to arrange a meetup or attend :( Im gutted! i have a house to pack and we have just got back off hol! we went to disneyland and the boys loved it!

Im so sorry about this but i could not miss the opportunity of moving now and i have been trying for over a year to get we we are now, im gonna grab it with both hands!

I will still be about and once we have moved and settled i will be about more, take care all :)

Bambi x
  • Sue F-J
    Hi everyone,

Do people still want to meet up on Friday? Say at Wonderland?

It would be good to meet other parents and have a day out.

Sue
  • mango69
    Unfortunately I am bailing out due to only having a few hours to pack on Friday for a weeks camping however, I would still really like to go there so if another one is planned count me in - sorry
  • my mum has been taken into hospital today and I am not sure how long she will be in. I will not be able to go this friday, but if anything is rearranged for a later date I would be interested.

I am sorry! I would like to meet you all I am sure it would be of great benefit to me and hopefully to our children too
  • Amanda
    I can't do Friday either, The Maze is open, but I still want to meet up. Plus, being totally honest Wonderland will be too busy for me to even concider taking Mark.
This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions