Sign In

Please sign in using the log in form at the top of this page or click here

Not a member

You need to register before you can start a new discussion or comment on a post.

Click the button below to go to our forum registration page.

In this Discussion

Welcome to the PDA Society Forum. Please take time to read the 'Forum terms and conditions', which can be found via this webpage:https://www.pdasociety.org.uk/terms-and-conditions and also in our NEW Forum User Guide: https://www.pdasociety.org.uk/forum/forum-users-guide-created
Messages in the 'General Discussions' category of the forum are visible to all internet users. You are therefore advised not to post anything of a confidential nature in this category.
Welcome to the PDA Society Discussion Forum. Please read our User Guide for more information and contact forum@pdasociety.org.uk if you would like to join one of our closed Member Forums for registered members only.
Parenting classes
    Hello,

I have a daughter who's about to start reception year in September.
    I'm almost sure she has PDA, she has most of the things in the list.
    She hasn't been diagnosed, nor is she likely to unless we face problems at school with her.
    Are there any parenting classes especific for parents of PDA children?

Many thanks,
    Apple
  • webbwebb
    Hi Apple

So glad you found this forum and I hope that we will be of some support to you and your child.

As you may be aware there are not many professionals in the UK that can recognise and diagnose this condition. Alot of children with PDA are at first mistakenly diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome or ASD.

Therefore as yet there are no direct services for PDA.
    The nearest we have found would be courses on ASD, they maybe helpful in many ways but they won't give a true picture of PDA.
    However I have found some some professionals working in the field of ASD who do know and understand alot about PDA and many be able to help you.

There is always the Elizabeth Newson Centre to fall back on!
    They should be having a conference on PDA in Autumn 07.

Feel free to ask me more info.
    Take Care
    Paula
This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions