Sign In

Please sign in using the log in form at the top of this page or click here

Not a member

You need to register before you can start a new discussion or comment on a post.

Click the button below to go to our forum registration page.

In this Discussion

Welcome to the PDA Society Forum. Please take time to read the 'Forum terms and conditions', which can be found via this webpage:https://www.pdasociety.org.uk/terms-and-conditions and also in our NEW Forum User Guide: https://www.pdasociety.org.uk/forum/forum-users-guide-created
Messages in the 'General Discussions' category of the forum are visible to all internet users. You are therefore advised not to post anything of a confidential nature in this category.
Welcome to the PDA Society Discussion Forum. Please read our User Guide for more information and contact forum@pdasociety.org.uk if you would like to join one of our closed Member Forums for registered members only.
PDA CONFERENCE 2007!!!!
  • webbwebb
    The Elizabeth Newson Centre are holding a PDA conference on:

Friday 16 November 2007

Venue : The Park Hall Resource Centre
    Park Road, Bestwood Village,
    Nottingham, NG6 8TQ

Cost : Parents £60

Tel : 01623 490879

OR Email : diagnostic-centre@sutherlandhouse.org.uk

They will then send you a booking form.

This conference is the only one in the UK for PDA and only happens at the most once a year!

If you can't make the journey ask the Centre if they can send you the content of the conference.

I will post more details when I get them.
  • jojes
    :cry: Only just noticed as got back on pda website that there is a conference nov 16th I am really upset it is sold out hopefully there will be another next year as there wasnt last year. joanne jesney.
  • mango69
    Yes apparently it is now oversubscribed but Phil C says he may do a repeat one soon as there has been so much interest so don't worry - will keep you posted on that.
    Margo
  • Amanda
    Can I just say how great it was to put faces to names at the conference.

Also well Done Margo your talk was excellent!

Mand
  • webbwebb
    Hi Everyone

Yes it was great to meet parents and professionals who all want to help children with PDA.
    It was good to be sitting with so many like-minded people!
    I enjoyed meeting a couple of people from the forum, it was exciting to put faces to names!

Thankyou Margo for giving such a good talk about your child, well done.
    Sorry I had to leave early, I would love to have chatted some more.
    Paula
  • Hi all,

I really enjoyed meeting you all at the conference. I feel quite empowered now and excited about starting a support group in Hampshire.

I thought I knew quite a lot about PDA already but of course there is always more to know! Meeting other parents and listening to others' experiences is the thing that I find most helpful. It is reassuring to know that I am not doing everything wrong - I know we all have days when nothing "works" and we feel completely overwhelmed by it all. The thing that I always hang onto is that there will be days that are better - you just have to hang in there sometimes!

Great presentation Margo - I thought you had planned what you wanted to say really well and your delivery was brilliant. What a star!!

Take care you all! Keep in touch

Love Ellen x
  • mango69
    It was a good day and great to see so many people from the forum there. Thanks for all your kind comments. I especially enjoyed Ruth Fidlers talk.
    Margo
  • Sounds like I missed what would of been a very informative seminar which could of helped me an awful lot. :cry:

I did call and was considering the nearly 4 hr drive but they said all the spaces had gone!!however they very kindly sent me out a whole load of info on PDA which was very kind of them. :D

I would definatly be interested in coming to another seminar if there were to be another one :D
  • I would also be interested in attending!
This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions