Sign In

Please sign in using the log in form at the top of this page or click here

Not a member

You need to register before you can start a new discussion or comment on a post.

Click the button below to go to our forum registration page.

In this Discussion

Welcome to the PDA Society Forum. Please take time to read the 'Forum terms and conditions', which can be found via this webpage:https://www.pdasociety.org.uk/terms-and-conditions and also in our NEW Forum User Guide: https://www.pdasociety.org.uk/forum/forum-users-guide-created
Messages in the 'General Discussions' category of the forum are visible to all internet users. You are therefore advised not to post anything of a confidential nature in this category.
Welcome to the PDA Society Discussion Forum. Please read our User Guide for more information and contact forum@pdasociety.org.uk if you would like to join one of our closed Member Forums for registered members only.
just an update
  • hi everyone,ive been reading alot of the topics from everyone,i feel so normal now ,i really felt like i was the only person to have a child with pda.im going to meet with saxons new school today ,im taking him with me i can usually tel by his body language if he could get used to it there .my husband has to work so ill have to go on my own with him,i just hope i dont forget to ask the right questions and get across what he needs.ive printed off the pda information and the education part for them.i really think my daughter tulip has had pda this whole time ,ive written to her psychiatrist to have another look at her diagnosis or if he can refer her to the elizabeth newson place.shes 15 now and i dont know how she is going to cope as an adult,i know that the mistakes we have made with tulip helps for saxon because we have learnt alot from it but i jsut dont want to fail tulip,im not going to give up hope for her thee must be some one that can help.but back to saxon ,ive read lots of tips about pda so im hoping the change to senior school will be ok.he hasnt been statmented yet hes on action plus,the school wher he is a t the moment have done wonders i just hope the seniors can carry it on .if things go wrong dose anyone know of any special needs schools or other mainstreem schools that can take on a pda child?
  • webbwebb
    Hi

How did the visit to the new school go?

I come from Nottingham so can't help with schools in Essex.

Come on ESSEX PARENTS can you help mumofeight?

Some people say mainstream school with lots of support is best for PDA children.
    If a child has learning difficulties, PDA (and Autism, like my son) then maybe special school could be the answer.

Take Care
This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions