Sign In

Please sign in using the log in form at the top of this page or click here

Not a member

You need to register before you can start a new discussion or comment on a post.

Click the button below to go to our forum registration page.

In this Discussion

Welcome to the PDA Society Forum. Please take time to read the 'Forum terms and conditions', which can be found via this webpage:https://www.pdasociety.org.uk/terms-and-conditions and also in our NEW Forum User Guide: https://www.pdasociety.org.uk/forum/forum-users-guide-created
Messages in the 'General Discussions' category of the forum are visible to all internet users. You are therefore advised not to post anything of a confidential nature in this category.
Welcome to the PDA Society Discussion Forum. Please read our User Guide for more information and contact forum@pdasociety.org.uk if you would like to join one of our closed Member Forums for registered members only.
What would you like from a PDA forum
  • Amanda
    I'm going to stick my neck out here and say that I sometimes feel as if this forum has no life and re-enforces that lack of support that we know is out there.

What would you like from a PDA forum if we were to build one?
  • I think the same hun about no life on here, not that i have much life myself, life is sooooooooo hard at the mo.

Maybe the opening forum page could be brightened up a bit, maybe a logo or symbol? I think that maybe it will be more lively when PDA is recognised nationwide and accepted as a condition in its own right.

I know my town dont accept PDA and this i think has a knock on effect on the parents who need the extra support via a forum, i may be wrong just wild guessing! I dont care whether my town accept it or not, T shows classic PDA behaviour and i will state this fact in documentation that i right up about our life.

I think maybe a new colour for the forum may help too, sorry if im not much use, my head is up my rear at the mo :roll:

Bambi x

PS the maze group website is fantastic!!!!
  • webbwebb
    Hi Amanda

So glad you plucked up the courage to say what you think about this site!
    I do agree with you, this site needs a re-vamp or we need to create a new one.
    The original administrator as we all know does not appear to have been near this site for 2 years!
    We do not seem to be able to contact him through Phil Christie or Mango69. I think we should contact Phil to ask for his comments? I'm sure he would support us, what ever we decided to do.
    We could use the PDA conference in Nottingham to launch something???

I know we could make it better and more user friendly.
    At the moment most users can not access the "Parents" private section so are reluctant to post.

Amanda I will make some phone calls this week and get back to you.

Paula
  • Like you say easy to use and hopefully a bit more active!

I would also like it if some professionals (PDA experts or others, those who work with PDA children like teachers and teaching assistants etc) got involved and posted on the website. That is beyond anyones control obviously but notice on here there are no postings in that section (and we could not view it anyway I believe - perhaps for the best!)

I have not posted so much lately but I do value the opportunity to contact other parents in same situation, and would hate to see it disappear completely!
  • webbwebb
    Hi Everyone

Have made some phone calls and a couple of us from the Forum are trying to resolve all the problems!

However if we are to re-vamp this site or create a new one we need everyone to tell us what they need, want or would like to see.

Therefore PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE post and tell us what you want from a PDA web-site and Forum!
    Keep posting!
    Thankyou
    Paula
  • Garden
    I would just like more people using the site and posting replies. I think that it would be good if there was more changing content on the site to encourage people to visit. But I expect this would be difficult to do given resources.
  • webbwebb
    Hi Garden

Thankyou for your post, your comments are noted and are very welcome.

Yes, there are few resources because the professionals are not being funded to do more research or write more literature on PDA. But we are looking to members with older children to write new reources for us, after all they have lived with PDA for many years. Obviously any new literature will be checked over by the new administrator and new moderators before we post anything of such an important nature. We may also get the chance to have Phil Christie (Consultant Psychologist at E N Centre, Nottm.) read any new literature as we are establishing links.

Thankyou for your response.

PLEASE EVERYONE let us know more about what you want. Any comments are welcome.

Paula
  • MHO
    I agree that the forum is in need of a revamp. The main problem is the lack of activity on the sections restricted to members, which I understand is due to a breakdown of administration. The warning that nothing confidential should be posted on the General Discussion Board is sensible, I believe, and should be heeded, but if some members are unable to join or to access the parent/carer sections they must either ignore this warning or not post at all.
  • webbwebb
    Hi MHO

Thanks for posting.

You are quite right administration has been the major problem but we are well on our way to rectifying this problem, bear with us just a little while longer and we should have this problem sorted.

Some new members had not been given full access to all sections of the forum but we are also trying very hard to sort this problem too.

We hope to have all these problems sorted within the next few weeks.

Thanks for your comments, we have made contact with the previous administrator etc. and hope a few of the parent members will be taking a very active role in running this site very soon.

Paula
  • mango69
    Thank you all for your comments. I have been busy sorting out the forum, and I am working with the previous administrator to make things a bit easier to join the forum. Because it is also a contact group affiliated with contact a family, there is a fair amount of correspondence from other people who need information about PDA and need directing to the site etc. I am systematically going through everyone on the forum to make them members of the appropriate forums etc but because some people have never activated their account I need to contact quite a few people separately to get them to do so. This is taking a bit of time because we have 400 members but if anyone has any difficulty accessing the forums please e-mail me through the site/PM me and I will address them first.
    At present only the previous administrator can alter the actual main website as it is on his personal account but when we get around to changing the host it will be relatively easy for a few of us to log in and add/alter details on the site.
    Thanks again for your comments - keep them coming its all good.
    Margo
  • webbwebb
    Hi Margo

Thankyou so much for taking on the role of Administrator for this site and thankyou for sorting out all the problems with access ect. I hope we will be able to give the site and info. a new look soon.

Thanks again, your a star! No doubt we will see each other on the 16th Nov. at the PDA conference.

Paula
  • Amanda
    Yes same from me too Margo thank you for all your efforts, it really shows parents that someone cares xx
  • Thanks from me too! I cant wait till the changes are made and people can post again! (in the parent forums I mean) :D
This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions