Sign In

Please sign in using the log in form at the top of this page or click here

Not a member

You need to register before you can start a new discussion or comment on a post.

Click the button below to go to our forum registration page.

In this Discussion

Welcome to the PDA Society Forum. Please take time to read the 'Forum terms and conditions', which can be found via this webpage:https://www.pdasociety.org.uk/terms-and-conditions and also in our NEW Forum User Guide: https://www.pdasociety.org.uk/forum/forum-users-guide-created
Messages in the 'General Discussions' category of the forum are visible to all internet users. You are therefore advised not to post anything of a confidential nature in this category.
Welcome to the PDA Society Discussion Forum. Please read our User Guide for more information and contact forum@pdasociety.org.uk if you would like to join one of our closed Member Forums for registered members only.
Local support groups
  • Abbey
    Please either post a reply here, or contact us through main website if you know of any local PDA support groups that we can add to our map. (http://www.pdasociety.org.uk/families/support/local-support-groups)
    Thank you
  • Hi there my name is Karen Whichello and I am a mother of a teenage boy with a diagnosis of PDA, ASD and ADHD. I am also a Director of a company called Positive Autism Support and Training. We offer support groups at our regular coffee mornings held in two parts of Surrey.
    Our website is www.positiveautismsupportandtraining.co.uk for more information but our next coffee mornings are to be held at the YMCA Sovereign Centre, Redhill on Thursday 1st May between 10am - 11.30am and West Horsley village hall 2nd May 2014 from 10.00am to 11.30am.
    I will be personally be at both so look forward to meeting some over members of the forum there.
    Please feel free to contact me if you would like more information on any of the above.

Best wishes

Karen
  • westd_Moderatorwestd_Moderator
    Hi Karen hope your support group meetings went well :-)

• PAST
    Hi Westd they did in deed thank you we have some booked for June which I will be posting on the forum shortly.

Karen
  • ** Support Group meetings Doncaster/ Scunthorpe areas**
    If anyone is in the Doncaster/Scunthorpe region, you are very welcome to join the Autism/PDA support group held on the second Tuesday of every month at Epworth children's centre at 6.30pm. The support group is amazing, everyone is really friendly and we have a young girl with autism as a guest speaker this month.
    The address is:
    Epworth Children's Centre
    Birchfield Rd
    Epworth
    North Lincolnshire
    DN9 1DL

Please note this is not a meeting that is arranged by the PDA Society, so for those of you who are interested in this support group and have further questions, then please join the facebook PDA Support group for Yorkshire and the Humber (https://www.facebook.com/groups/1432955543613474/?fref=ts) to find out more!
  • Pathological Demand Avoidance support group - Sheffield
    Please see the dates below for the Sheffield PDA drop in support group:
    Weds 26th November
    Weds 7th January
    Time: 12 noon until 2pm (no need to come for whole session).
    Location: Springfield School (nursery entrance on Bolton St, off Cavendish St).
    Feel free to bring a sandwich, drinks and biscuits provided.
    All welcome for an informal chat.
    Rebecca, Debra and Tracy
  • Mousie
    Oxfordshire - please!
  • Mousie,
    I have begun to post requests for information on the local autism support group pages....I've found 5 or 6 other families quite near me..this internet group was my lifeline for a while too...
    Your story sounds similar to ours...but our violence has mostly gone...we have the odd flare but it is over as fast as it starts since we have removed most demands...hoping to begin to rebuild something a little more positive soon.
  • Mousie
    Ok and thank you, lifeline indeed.. you are right I can completely remove the violence if we all remove all demands... but what a life for all of us. But yes..
  • Moose posts more positive things about his son these days but describes a PDA + period in their past too so I am hopeful that things will begin to improve(for all of us).....
  • Jude Seaward (Judeacus) and a few other parents are having a meet up in Wigan this monday (10th November), from 10am until around 1pm at Frankie and Bennys, Wigan, Robin Park, WN5 0UL http://www.frankieandbennys.com/menu/breakfast
    There is a post on the PDA UK facebook group and Jude has asked that if people are planning to attend then can they please message her (you can pm her on here, her forum name is Judeacus) so they can book a table for the right number of people.
  • judeacus
    Just to make it easier I will say hello. People may know me from facebook but I used to be on here a lot about a year ago. Anyone is welcome and we are not a formal lot at all x

Please Log in or Register to comment on this discussion.