Sign In

Please sign in using the log in form at the top of this page or click here

Not a member

You need to register before you can start a new discussion or comment on a post.

Click the button below to go to our forum registration page.

In this Discussion

Welcome to the PDA Society Forum. Please take time to read the 'Forum terms and conditions', which can be found via this webpage:https://www.pdasociety.org.uk/terms-and-conditions and also in our NEW Forum User Guide: https://www.pdasociety.org.uk/forum/forum-users-guide-created
Messages in the 'General Discussions' category of the forum are visible to all internet users. You are therefore advised not to post anything of a confidential nature in this category.
Welcome to the PDA Society Discussion Forum. Please read our User Guide for more information and contact forum@pdasociety.org.uk if you would like to join one of our closed Member Forums for registered members only.
PDA Support Group Meeting Sheffield, DATES!
  • Pathological Demand Avoidance support group - Sheffield

Reminder: Daytime PDA support group meeting in Sheffield on Wed. 25th Nov 2015
    Time: 12-2pm
    Venue: Springfield Primary School, Broomspring Lane, Sheffield, S10 2FA

Refreshments (tea, coffee, biscuits) will be available and please feel free to fetch along a sandwich/ your lunch if you wish.
  • I have a 15 year old son who has an adhd dianosis only 6 months ago, after 11 years of groups, parenting classes, therpy and counselling. But I suspect that it is still not the whole story. My friend, who has an autistic daughter suggested I read up about PDA and I thought, quite frankly, that I was reading his case history rather than condition characteristics. It all seemed to fit him to a tee. While I have been living with and abused by my son i am at a point where I just don't know what to do. All this isn't helped by the fact that I'm also disabed and living with a chronic pain condition too. His latest stunts being slashing my car tyres so he had an excuse for not "going for a spin" with his so called friends. Drastic measures which I hadn't attributed to him 'till he stole my car and did go off for a joyride only hours after getting tyres replaced. After all the hysterics of being caught out He said he had no reason to not agree to take my car. So anyway I could go on like this for ages talking about it but that isn't why I posted this today. My friend (the one with autistic daughter) lives in Sheffield and I visit my god-children regularly. I would very much like to arrange one of my visits to coincide with one of your support group meetings . Can you post future dates so that I may attend one such session. I'm living on my last nerve and need help but how, mind you I am being a bit of a Dr Google because he dosent have this diagnosis but I strongly feel i am right. I'm not bothered about getting a diagnosis per we but rather learn how to manage his behaviour so that he can lead a fulfilling life as an adult as independently as possible but while still safe.
  • PDA Support Group Sheffield/ Rotherham

Daytime PDA support group meetings in Sheffield
    DATES 2016: Wed. 24th February, Wed. 27th April, THURSDAY 21st April, Wed 29th June.
    Venue: Springfield Primary School (Use Nursery Entrance, Bolton Street (off Cavendish Street, off West Street) Sheffield
    On street (paid) parking on Bolton Street, and other Streets nearby. The school is a short walk from the West Street Supertram Stop.

Evening PDA support group meetings in Rotherham
    DATES 2016: Wed. 27 January , Wed. 30th March, Wed. 25th May, Wed. 13th July,
    Time: 6.30-8.30pm.
    Venue: Three Horseshoes, Bawtry Road, Wickersley,S662BW (room upstairs).

You are welcome to attend meetings in one or both areas (if you are within travelling distance of them).

Email pda.rotherhamsheffield@gmail.com

Hi, the dates of future meetings in Rotherham/ Sheffield (up to July 2016) are given above. I hope you can make one of the meetings.

http://www.pdasociety.org.uk/families/support/local-support-groups - a map of local support groups (including some local/regional facebook groups)

[Edited by forum admin to amend date of April meeting]
  • PDA Support Group Sheffield
    TOMORROW, THURSDAY 21st APRIL 2016
    Venue: Springfield Primary School (Use Nursery Entrance, Bolton Street (off Cavendish Street, off West Street) Sheffield
    On street (paid) parking on Bolton Street, and other Streets nearby. The school is a short walk from the West Street Supertram Stop.

Please Log in or Register to comment on this discussion.