Sign In

Please sign in using the log in form at the top of this page or click here

Not a member

You need to register before you can start a new discussion or comment on a post.

Click the button below to go to our forum registration page.

In this Discussion

Welcome to the PDA Society Forum. Please take time to read the 'Forum terms and conditions', which can be found via this webpage:https://www.pdasociety.org.uk/terms-and-conditions and also in our NEW Forum User Guide: https://www.pdasociety.org.uk/forum/forum-users-guide-created
Messages in the 'General Discussions' category of the forum are visible to all internet users. You are therefore advised not to post anything of a confidential nature in this category.
Welcome to the PDA Society Discussion Forum. Please read our User Guide for more information and contact forum@pdasociety.org.uk if you would like to join one of our closed Member Forums for registered members only.
Why is everything my fault?
  • Kallie79
    Whenever anything doesn't go right for my son I'm immiediately the one to blame. Can anyone relate?
    He's just went off on one cause something came on the telly which made him feel sick. So it's all my fault apparently. This happens with everything even when I've got nothing to do with it or I wasn't even there.
    So fed up with this.
    Any advice welcome.
    X
  • RhanHRhanH
    Hi Kallie79, I experience exactly the same thing. I think my daughter targets me because she knows I'm her safe person and I will help her no matter what she says or does. Certainly changing my personal mindset on things has helped and I just try not to take anything she says personally anymore, although it can be very hard at times, instead I try to recognise this is her way of asking for help and then try to work out what I can do to reduce the anxiety. Hope this helps a little.
  • HannahH29
    If my son falls over, hurts himself or has an issue socially, it’s always me that the fall guy so I know what you mean. I don’t have any advice but just to say we are experiencing this. How are things going re: possible diagnosis? Were you going through CAMHS? Xx
  • ST77
    Same here. My son shouted at ( swore and threatened) me because he dropped something yesterday, ( I wasn’t in the room) but I think the therapy ( anxiety and violent behaviour counselling from cahms) might be working because he didn’t lash out and managed to verbalise “ I know it’s not your fault but I just needed it to be someone else’s fault right now or I’ll explode “ just afterwards.

Xx

• RhanHRhanH
    That’s fantastic self awareness and regulation! So pleased your son is finding some strategies to help.
    Welcome to the Forum ST77!
  • Kallie79
    Thank you everyone x

Please Log in or Register to comment on this discussion.