Sign In

Please sign in using the log in form at the top of this page or click here

Not a member

You need to register before you can start a new discussion or comment on a post.

Click the button below to go to our forum registration page.

In this Discussion

Welcome to the PDA Society Forum. Please take time to read the 'Forum terms and conditions', which can be found via this webpage: and also in our NEW Forum User Guide:
Messages in the 'General Discussions' category of the forum are visible to all internet users. You are therefore advised not to post anything of a confidential nature in this category.
Welcome to the PDA Society Discussion Forum. Please read our User Guide for more information and contact if you would like to join one of our closed Member Forums for registered members only.
How to find a PDA trained Teaching Assistant?
  • mcl
    Posts: 1
    Hi, I need to find a teaching assistant to work with my son in school or in other settings if he is too anxious to be in school. I would like someone who has done PDA training or has experience working with a child with PDA. Is there a list of TAs who have done training or do any of the training courses have a list by area, or a contact list for a job advert? Thankyou
  • RhanHRhanH
    Posts: 1,085
    I'm afraid I don't know of any listing for TA's. I know when my daughter's school were looking they advertised for the key skills required and ideally for someone who had completed some PDA training. It might be worth deciding on the key skills you require and going from there. Sorry I can't be more help.
  • Em83Em83
    Posts: 58
    Hi MCL,

    I do not know any either but if you look at the skills needed for your child and then create the job description from there that may help. It could be worth looking into PDA training that is available in your area as well as if you find the right person the training could maybe come with it? You could also put experience with a child with PDA as required.

    Em x
  • Paula L
    Posts: 35
    Not sure if this helps but Robert Ogden School are experts in PDA and education and could train or give advice to a TA I am sure. May be worth contacting them and asking to speak to someone about it? My child goes there and it is an amazing school, run by the NAS, with loads of specialist knowledge, advice and training. I used to be TA and I don't know of anyone else in my area who has knowledge or training in PDA. Suspect this is similar in most parts of the country.
  • webbwebb
    Posts: 2,543
    Hi, usually it is the school that employs the TA because the TA will be paid by the local council and the TA will need a DBS check, sign council policies etc etc

    If the council employs the TA they can then go on a PDA Course like this one -

    9/7/19: Autism Associates: one day course for education professionals on Collaborative Approaches to Learning for pupils with PDA, Nottingham - please see flyer: aa-seminar-flyer-july-2019.pdf

    The Council may have knowledge of TA's in your area that have training or experience in PDA? You could contact them direct?

    OR are you finding the TA because you have a Personal Budget for your child through the EHC Plan? - an You could advertise through

    Sorry I don't know any lists of TA's that would be available.

Please Log in or Register to comment on this discussion.