Sign In

Please sign in using the log in form at the top of this page or click here

Not a member

You need to register before you can start a new discussion or comment on a post.

Click the button below to go to our forum registration page.

In this Discussion

Welcome to the PDA Society Forum. Please take time to read the 'Forum terms and conditions', which can be found via this webpage:https://www.pdasociety.org.uk/terms-and-conditions and also in our NEW Forum User Guide: https://www.pdasociety.org.uk/forum/forum-users-guide-created
Messages in the 'General Discussions' category of the forum are visible to all internet users. You are therefore advised not to post anything of a confidential nature in this category.
Welcome to the PDA Society Discussion Forum. Please read our User Guide for more information and contact forum@pdasociety.org.uk if you would like to join one of our closed Member Forums for registered members only.
STOP PRESS -NHS CLINICIAN IN SCOTLAND DIAGNOSES AND ADULT WITH PDA PRESENTATION
  • gerry
    NHS CLINICIAN IN SCOTLAND DIAGNOSES ADULT WITH PDA PRESENTATION

I wish to post the following and I sincerely hope it will help.The Clinician involved has agreed with this being posted on the Forum and for it to be used as evidence for the Petitions Committee. I would like to say a massive thank you to a very caring, compassionate and enlightened NHS professional.

“My daughter was the first child in Scotland to be diagnosed with Pathological Demand Avoidance Syndrome, PDA, in 1998 by Professor Elizabeth Newson. She was recently referred to her CMHT to look into her concerns that she may also have OCD. As her local CMHT were unfamiliar with PDA and they sought input and guidance by referring her on to NHS GGC Adult Autism Team. Following a formal assessment by one of the clinicians based at the Centre my daughter's difficulties were diagnosed in the following way”

Excerpt From Diagnostic Assessment.

"The assessment concluded that X meets the diagnostic criteria for Asperger's Syndrome ICD 10 F84.5.
    X also meets the diagnostic criteria for Pathological Demand Avoidance Syndrome as described by Elizabeth Newson.
    Given the imminent change to diagnostic classifications it would be pragmatic to describe X as having an Autism Spectrum Disorder whose presentation falls within the description of PDA.

CONTACT DETAILS

NHS GGC ADULT AUTISM TEAM
    EASTWOOD HEALTH AND CARE CENTRE
    DRUMBY CRESCENT
    CLARKSTON
    GLASGOW
    G76 7HN

I will PM everyone who ha

• Holly59
    Gerry this is Absolutly Brilliant !

I know of an Adult Mental Health Consultant who will recognise and diagnose ASD with PDA in Edinburgh.

Tragically their daughter is in a homeless unit with Mental Health issues after years of misdiagnosis by CAMHS . The diagnosis was made last year . We can make known the name of the Clinnician and the Unit if the Petition Committee asks .

To have the permission of The Clinician to post on the Forum and use in the Petition is amazing . I know your negotiating skills are legendary from the Petition . Emails at 3am !

Thank you .Euan and Mary will be delighted . This is exactly the evidence we need .

Pat xx

Please Log in or Register to comment on this discussion.