Sign In

Please sign in using the log in form at the top of this page or click here

Not a member

You need to register before you can start a new discussion or comment on a post.

Click the button below to go to our forum registration page.

In this Discussion

Welcome to the PDA Society Forum. Please take time to read the 'Forum terms and conditions', which can be found via this webpage:https://www.pdasociety.org.uk/terms-and-conditions and also in our NEW Forum User Guide: https://www.pdasociety.org.uk/forum/forum-users-guide-created
Messages in the 'General Discussions' category of the forum are visible to all internet users. You are therefore advised not to post anything of a confidential nature in this category.
Welcome to the PDA Society Discussion Forum. Please read our User Guide for more information and contact forum@pdasociety.org.uk if you would like to join one of our closed Member Forums for registered members only.
NHS-: live webinar, have you ever been blamed as a parent for your child's behaviour?
  • Stronger35
    Hope this is ok to post here, please remove if not xx

VCB - Violent & Challenging Behaviour - an NHS Webinar all about it tomorrow!
    View this email in your browser

You can join in by clicking here
    Tomorrow, from the NHS England Share and Learn Webinar, I'll be talking very openly about VCB, or Violent and Challenging Behaviour in children who have a neurodevelopmental condition such as a Learning Disability, Autism or ADHD. With NHS staff listening from all around the country, I'll be spelling out the scale of the problem, and what needs to happen to address it. I will be talking about what I see as the most urgent change - a shift in thinking, in hearts and in minds so that frontline staff see the real issues and no longer blame parents for their child's behaviour. Families need help, not blame, shame, stigma and judgement. They also urgently need information and early intervention to turn their child's behaviour around before becoming established and entrenched. . Please be there with me if you can - there is a question and answer session afterwards.

I know that there is light at the end of the tunnel, but parents have to be handed that torch so they can find their way through it and support their child towards emerging happy and settled again. I know because my son Toby's behavour has transformed and he's in a totally different place. And the best bit of that? Toby himself is so happy, content, comfortable and relaxed - the complete opposite of his younger self who struggled daily with VCB. All I want is the same for every child, with parents having the help and support, as well as the tools and the training, to turn things completely around. It can be done and our children deserve nothing less.

If you register and then you can't make it at 12.30 tomorrow lunchtime, NHS England will still send you the links to the recording an slides in a couple of weeks' time.

Tomorrow, the NHS are going to listen, the first step to making things better. You are welcome to listen too, and I'd love to have you there.

Hope you can join me tomorrow.

Very best wishes,

Yvonne
  • PDA_ASD_Parent
    Would love to know if there is a saved recording of this as I missed it.

Please Log in or Register to comment on this discussion.