Sign In

Please sign in using the log in form at the top of this page or click here

Not a member

You need to register before you can start a new discussion or comment on a post.

Click the button below to go to our forum registration page.

In this Discussion

Welcome to the PDA Society Forum. Please take time to read the 'Forum terms and conditions', which can be found via this webpage:https://www.pdasociety.org.uk/terms-and-conditions and also in our NEW Forum User Guide: https://www.pdasociety.org.uk/forum/forum-users-guide-created
Messages in the 'General Discussions' category of the forum are visible to all internet users. You are therefore advised not to post anything of a confidential nature in this category.
Welcome to the PDA Society Discussion Forum. Please read our User Guide for more information and contact forum@pdasociety.org.uk if you would like to join one of our closed Member Forums for registered members only.
PDA Action Day - 15th May
  • RhanHRhanH
    PDA Action Day is on 15th May

Our theme this year is “Positive PDA”

We’ll be focusing on success stories, recognising all those who are making great contributions to the PDA world, highlighting some of the positives of living with PDA and showcasing the accomplishments of adult PDAers.

We’d like to encourage everyone to mark this day with us!

Maybe you could:

- plan a fundraising event – anything from a jumble sale to running a marathon (dressed as a panda perhaps?!). Pls see our Donate page for details of how to link to the PDA Society via MyDonate. One of the PDA Society’s trustees is planning something dramatic on or near the day, watch this space!

- host a coffee morning or afternoon tea to help raise awareness and increase acceptance of PDA – we can send you leaflets to hand out or you can download/print from here. We’re also launching a small range of merchandise at our conference on 18th April (it will also be available online) which you could use at your event.

- take the opportunity to take action about PDA … whether that’s sharing info with family, friends, teachers, social care professionals, clinicians … or setting up a local support group … or contacting your local MP/Autism Lead or local press (we’ll be creating an action pack to help with this).

The team behind the petition are organising a peaceful protest in London to mark PDA Action Day which you may wish to join. More info on their Facebook page.

​On the day we’ll also be:

- publishing the results of our survey to which we had an amazing 1400 responses

- sharing Positive PDA resources.

- making an ‘action pack’ available with details about what you can do as an individual or as a local campaign with resources to help you to write to your MP, Clinical Commissioning Group and whoever heads up Autism in your area (with links as to where to find this information), local media and regional autism charities.

- sending out our annual uPDAte newsletter with all the latest PDA news and development

Do share your PDA Action Day activities with us too please via email to comms@pdasociety.org.uk or using #PDAday on social media.

https://www.pdasociety.org.uk/blog/2018/03/pda-action-day-2018
  • Holly59
    If people contact you RhanH with details of an event will you advertise eg Coffee Morning on your Social Media Pages .

Pat xx
  • RhanHRhanH
    Yes, we’ll do our best!! :-)
  • Holly59

RhanH said:

Yes, we’ll do our best!! :-)

Thanks . Considering a few ideas at present ,will be back in touch .

Pat xx
  • JAFFA
    As a special school teacher, it will be business as usual on this special day. I have already put up a huge PDA display with information packs for all the parents to access but I would love to raise awareness outside the school premises.( I have a little 5 year old girl in my class with PDA and more than a suspicion about a few of the older children that I don't work with) I would really love some T shirts or hats etc for my staff to wear all week...................Any ideas?????? JAFFA XO
  • Holly59

JAFFA said:

As a special school teacher, it will be business as usual on this special day. I have already put up a huge PDA display with information packs for all the parents to access but I would love to raise awareness outside the school premises.( I have a little 5 year old girl in my class with PDA and more than a suspicion about a few of the older children that I don't work with) I would really love some T shirts or hats etc for my staff to wear all week...................Any ideas?????? JAFFA XO

Hi,
    That’s a wonderful thought to spread the awareness to your parents . I am convinced there are so many misdiagnosed PDAers out there .

The PDA Society are bringing out some new PDA Goodies . These will be launched at their PDA Society Conference , not sure yet if that includes TShirts / Hats .

Another option is to wear Panda TShirts , Scarves .

The Group doing the PDA awareness silent protest are selling a few goodies for that too .

Have your own made at a TShirts shop . Might want to check with PDA Society that this does breech data protection stuff .

https://www.giftonomyuk.com/collections/pandas

May be some ideas on here .

https://www.notonthehighstreet.com/bypoppy/product/panda-scarf?istCompanyId=aa76f5e6-d733-4e56-8409-574cea196cc9&istItemId=-wttliqmrpw&istBid=t&gclid=Cj0KCQjwtOLVBRCZARIsADPLtJ2UTHTGVc6zugrhVClHN5XoR9kwaF7nPazUFSBJtgP9TRxL0Z6_JwoaAstjEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=CNqy36jJitoCFQ8h0wodSlELhg

Instead of a teddy bears picnic have a Panda Bears Picnic instead emphasing Pandas need a special environment to survive .

Pat xx

• JAFFA
    Whoop - Thank you. Lots of great ideas to consider there........xo
  • RhanHRhanH
    What great ideas Pat, thank you!

Just to confirm that there would be no objection from the PDA Society if people wanted to create their own T-Shirts, Hats etc BUT they would need to create their own design, and must not reproduce the official PDA Society logo, although the Panda Image may be used.

Personally, I’ve often fancied a shopping bag that I can pull out when our daughter’s upset in public as a visual clue to others that she’s not being naughty, she having a panic attack!

• Holly59

RhanH said:

What great ideas Pat, thank you!

Just to confirm that there would be no objection from the PDA Society if people wanted to create their own T-Shirts, Hats etc BUT they would need to create their own design, and must not reproduce the official PDA Society logo, although the Panda Image may be used.

Personally, I’ve often fancied a shopping bag that I can pull out when our daughter’s upset in public as a visual clue to others that she’s not being naughty, she having a panic attack!

Thanks , thought the logo would be covered by Copyright Laws hence the mention .

http://pandathings.com/product-category/clothes/onesies/

Panda Onesies or PJs .

How about writing the name of your town with # pathologicaldemandavoidance underneath, put it on Facebook , see how many responses you get from around the World . The Gobal Group covers something like 110 countries .

• RhanHRhanH
    The 15th May is next week.... are you doing anything in support of PDA Action Day? We’d love to hear about any activities planned.

The South Bucks PDA Support Group are holding a raffle during a coffee and cake morning, with a focus on sharing the positive and funny stories of life with PDA!

• webbwebb
    Hi RhanH - I am sure you will get plenty of funny stories to share in the group knowing our children with PDA! :)

Please Log in or Register to comment on this discussion.