Sign In

Please sign in using the log in form at the top of this page or click here

Not a member

You need to register before you can start a new discussion or comment on a post.

Click the button below to go to our forum registration page.

In this Discussion

Welcome to the PDA Society Forum. Please take time to read the 'Forum terms and conditions', which can be found via this webpage:https://www.pdasociety.org.uk/terms-and-conditions and also in our NEW Forum User Guide: https://www.pdasociety.org.uk/forum/forum-users-guide-created
Messages in the 'General Discussions' category of the forum are visible to all internet users. You are therefore advised not to post anything of a confidential nature in this category.
Welcome to the PDA Society Discussion Forum. Please read our User Guide for more information and contact forum@pdasociety.org.uk if you would like to join one of our closed Member Forums for registered members only.
Scottish Borders PDA training . Parents and Professionals June 2018
  • Holly59
    https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/pda-training-for-professionals-tickets-45481900589?aff=erelpanelorg

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/pda-training-for-parent-carers-tickets-45481812325

Laura Kerbey has been an amazing support helping us set these training sessions. Can’t thank her enough and Webb for the initial suggestions . This is a first PDA training session within the Borders . We hope others will follow in the future .

Pat xx
  • webbwebb
    Hi, so pleased to hear you have managed to get PAST to deliver some PDA Training in Galashields (and a reasonable cost too!)
    Well Done x
  • Holly59

webb said:

Hi, so pleased to hear you have managed to get PAST to deliver some PDA Training in Galashields (and a reasonable cost too!)
    Well Done x

Thank you for the suggestions . Laura Kerbey has been brilliant .

We have started a PDA awareness Forum within the Scottish Borders yesterday . We now have CONTACT from Edinburgh helping us , spreading the awareness throughout their network and other agencies involved . This is exactly what we wanted the Ministers to do with our Petition . The Clinicians Guides and leaflets were brilliant .

We will be working together when Laura comes, to expand these training sessions to other Scottish Regions in the future . I have booked my ticket for Galashiels , not sure if I was first this time !!!!

We are looking to get funding to help support future courses for Parents . Other areas will probably be more expensive , she has to factor in travelling and time costs .

Ruth Fidlers coming back in September to Edinburgh but her Education course is approx £130 ish at Haymarket . Hope they have their new computer system fixed , that’s why everyone had issues with booking , it was faulty !

I think these Courses are brilliant value for money .

I have also been asked to provide a “ Stall “ at an event at BANG support group in June to Promote PDA .

It was lovely to meet you again at the Conference . It was outstanding .

Pat xx
  • webbwebb
    Pat you are an inspiration to other parents, you are doing so much to raise awareness of PDA in your area, Petitions, Support Group, getting Training on PDA in your area etc.
    No wonder you are so petite!
    So pleased that the PDA Society Conference was worth the distance you had to travel :)

Hope to see you again soon
    Paula
  • Holly59

webb said:

Pat you are an inspiration to other parents, you are doing so much to raise awareness of PDA in your area, Petitions, Support Group, getting Training on PDA in your area etc.
    No wonder you are so petite!
    So pleased that the PDA Society Conference was worth the distance you had to travel :)

Hope to see you again soon
    Paula

I don’t think I would use the word Petite , appropriate clothes hide a multitude of sins !!!
    Most days I feel like one step forward and twenty two back . Onwards we go as a “ team “. Couldn’t do it without all the support from others .

Thanks again

Pat xx

Please Log in or Register to comment on this discussion.