Sign In

Please sign in using the log in form at the top of this page or click here

Not a member

You need to register before you can start a new discussion or comment on a post.

Click the button below to go to our forum registration page.

In this Discussion

Welcome to the PDA Society Forum. Please take time to read the 'Forum terms and conditions', which can be found via this webpage:https://www.pdasociety.org.uk/terms-and-conditions and also in our NEW Forum User Guide: https://www.pdasociety.org.uk/forum/forum-users-guide-created
Messages in the 'General Discussions' category of the forum are visible to all internet users. You are therefore advised not to post anything of a confidential nature in this category.
Welcome to the PDA Society Discussion Forum. Please read our User Guide for more information and contact forum@pdasociety.org.uk if you would like to join one of our closed Member Forums for registered members only.
Post 16 education
  • emeader
    We are starting to look for post 16 education for our daughter who has a normal IQ, ASD with PDA profile, ADHD and dyslexia with some behavioural issues. We live in London and she has been attending a weekly boarding school in Berkshire for the past 4 years. She likes horses, animals and cooking. I have notices 2 residential colleges in Hampshire but would be grateful for suggestions.
  • webbwebb
    Hi, there is a great book/directory, that I purchased 10 years ago (which is updated every year) which is excellent!

Schools For Special Needs by Gabbitas Education

My copy is for 2009-10 the 15th edition so getting a little old but it has been a brilliant book.
    It has SEN Residential Colleges as well as schools all over the UK but it is easy to use as it is split into sections ie Counties or Colleges etc.

It is well worth the money as it includes all LA and Independent Schools, Colleges both Day and Residential.

You can then look them up on the internet to see what each college offers ie animals etc and then phone them to ask if they have any PDA Children or have had PDA Training etc.

Hope this helps
    Paula

Please Log in or Register to comment on this discussion.