Sign In

Please sign in using the log in form at the top of this page or click here

Not a member

You need to register before you can start a new discussion or comment on a post.

Click the button below to go to our forum registration page.

In this Discussion

Welcome to the PDA Society Forum. Please take time to read the 'Forum terms and conditions', which can be found via this webpage:https://www.pdasociety.org.uk/terms-and-conditions and also in our NEW Forum User Guide: https://www.pdasociety.org.uk/forum/forum-users-guide-created
Messages in the 'General Discussions' category of the forum are visible to all internet users. You are therefore advised not to post anything of a confidential nature in this category.
Welcome to the PDA Society Discussion Forum. Please read our User Guide for more information and contact forum@pdasociety.org.uk if you would like to join one of our closed Member Forums for registered members only.
Help4pschology
  • SGCmum
    Hi. I have a quick question. I filled in the questionnaires for help4pschology, in the hope of having the Skype session to help with my questions. I was told to skip this stage and go straight to the full assessment. Has anyone had this advice and still had the hours interview, and found it useful? I would like to ask for it anyway, but not if they will still only tell me to have the proper assessment. I thought they could be useful people to discuss my concerns with.
    Also, I wondered if they give this response to everyone. I know that's a bit sceptical but they are a business after all.
  • We did this and I was advised to do the Skype interview, so they definitely don’t give this response to everyone... we didn’t follow it up and got an ASD diagnosis elsewhere. But we did then do the interview to ask advice and it was so helpful. Judy Eaton was great - she so gets it. I cried afterwards, I was so relieved to talk to someone who properly understood!
  • SGCmum
    That's really helpful, thank you. I will get back to them.
  • June67
    We had the same advice as you to go straight to assessment and did so, they advised that for us to save us time as we felt we needed rapid answers for education reasons but were ok with us then needing to wait while our healthcare provider changed and we had lots going on at home suddenly. They also offered the skype session in the meantime if we needed advice right then but were ok that we couldn't proceed at that time with it. I'm sure that would be helpful for you even if you don't go for the full assessment. Lots of families on here have said the skype session was useful.
  • aliveit
    Hi
    I was a bit sceptical at first too.
    We got recommended the skype interview as the results of the questionnaire were not screming ASD PDA.
    The interview was great because for me Judy Eaton was also the first person who got it.
    She recommended after that it would definitely be worth trying to get him tested for ASD but did not at all push for them to do it and asked where i could maybe get help closer to home( we live in france)
    After having exhausted our options here with no understanding we booked the tests in norfolk.
    I was still on the fence ( or in denial) but we did get a pda diagnosis from them with lots of understanding and reasoning.
    I think the day was not too bad for my son as he often asks if the doctors will be like the ones in england.
    Hope that helps.
    Alison
  • SGCmum
    Thanks everyone for your advice. I haven't actually talked to my daughter about PDA as she is 18 and won't discuss much with me at all .I'm not sure if she even knows she has a problem because in her mind all the difficulties she faces are other peoples fault. I would be interested to know how any if you approached the possibility if PDA with your children.

Please Log in or Register to comment on this discussion.