Sign In

Please sign in using the log in form at the top of this page or click here

Not a member

You need to register before you can start a new discussion or comment on a post.

Click the button below to go to our forum registration page.

In this Discussion

Welcome to the PDA Society Forum. Please take time to read the 'Forum terms and conditions', which can be found via this webpage:https://www.pdasociety.org.uk/terms-and-conditions and also in our NEW Forum User Guide: https://www.pdasociety.org.uk/forum/forum-users-guide-created
Messages in the 'General Discussions' category of the forum are visible to all internet users. You are therefore advised not to post anything of a confidential nature in this category.
Welcome to the PDA Society Discussion Forum. Please read our User Guide for more information and contact forum@pdasociety.org.uk if you would like to join one of our closed Member Forums for registered members only.
PDA and Severe Learning Difficulties
  • Hi, I wonder if anyone can help me out!? I am a classroom assistant in a school for studetns with Severe Learning Difficulties. For the past year I have been working with a young man who at age 11 and with an original possible diagnosis of Autism is showing more signs of PDA I feel. He has presented us with some very challenging behaviour, anger and frustration. Has anyone any experience of a child with severe learning difficulties and PDA or know where I might find more information about this? Am looking for bright ideas and innovative strategies!!!!!!!!!
  • Pamela
    Hello cathy...My daughter is 11 at the end of the year, and she has the diagnosis of IDIC 15 (rare chromosome abnormality) and PDA.She has severe learning disabilities and at her annual review they told me that she has made no progress this year at all, and over the last two years has made minimal progress. She can not read or write, can not sequence more than two and has made no progress with 1:1 correspondence in Maths. She does not display the aggressive behaviours witnessed out of the school environment in school, so it is frustrating for them and us.
    She has Auditory Processing Disorder and Visual perception difficulties as well as severe epilepsy. She shows lots of Autistic behaviours too. I would be happy if you want to email me privately to share some of our more personal experiences - no offence to the rest of you - but there are some things that I don't want to share with everyone! I know you will understand!
This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions