Sign In

Please sign in using the log in form at the top of this page or click here

Not a member

You need to register before you can start a new discussion or comment on a post.

Click the button below to go to our forum registration page.

In this Discussion

Welcome to the PDA Society Forum. Please take time to read the 'Forum terms and conditions', which can be found via this webpage: and also in our NEW Forum User Guide:
Messages in the 'General Discussions' category of the forum are visible to all internet users. You are therefore advised not to post anything of a confidential nature in this category.
Welcome to the PDA Society Discussion Forum. Please read our User Guide for more information and contact if you would like to join one of our closed Member Forums for registered members only.
help where do i get a diagnoses!!!
  • jo
    Posts: 2
    Hi my name is Jo and my daughter seems to fit the criteria for PDA. We live in staffordshire and i was wondering if anyone knows of a specialist in this area that we could contact either privately or via the NHS. I would be really gratefull of any suggestions thanks.
  • westd_Moderatorwestd_Moderator
    Posts: 1,292
    If you cant find a specialist locally can you not contact the centre in Nottingham and ask if you can go for an assessment there (perhaps you should ask your doctor if your NHS would pay for assessment though - its more expensive if you are not from area)?
  • Pamela
    Posts: 205
    Jo we live in North Yorkshire and we too felt that our daughter fit the criteria for PDA. We went to our doctor and asked him if the Primary care trust would request a referal and pay for an assessment at the Early Years Diagnostic Centre in Nottingham. They did this and we were given one. Our daughter (now 10y 7m) was diagnosed there in Jan 2003, she was then 8. Good Luck....Although we have the diagnosis (she already has a diagnosis of IDIC 15- rare chromosome disorder) we haven't really had an awful lot of advice or help from the professionals on how we can help her deal with her behaviours. But maybe for you...the diagnosis alone will help you. good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions