Sign In

Please sign in using the log in form at the top of this page or click here

Not a member

You need to register before you can start a new discussion or comment on a post.

Click the button below to go to our forum registration page.

In this Discussion

Welcome to the PDA Society Forum. Please take time to read the 'Forum terms and conditions', which can be found via this webpage:https://www.pdasociety.org.uk/terms-and-conditions and also in our NEW Forum User Guide: https://www.pdasociety.org.uk/forum/forum-users-guide-created
Messages in the 'General Discussions' category of the forum are visible to all internet users. You are therefore advised not to post anything of a confidential nature in this category.
Welcome to the PDA Society Discussion Forum. Please read our User Guide for more information and contact forum@pdasociety.org.uk if you would like to join one of our closed Member Forums for registered members only.
Article in the local paper
  • Amanda
    Although I don't think that the reporter who wrote this has a handle on what PDA is (I asked him to stress that all the behaviours are anxiety based, I thought I'd share this with you cos it's a start.

Mandx

http://www.thisisnottingham.co.uk/displayNode.jsp?nodeId=195917&command=displayContent&sourceNode=134241&contentPK=20030840&folderPk=78486&pNodeId=133951
  • webbwebb
    Hi Amanda

It's a brilliant start, well done you! At least PDA has hit the newspapers and for the right reasons (not the wrong ones).

OK they didn't get it perfectly correct but let's not dwell on that. PDA has got some recognition!

I have added my comments to the article and hope that some other parents with PDA children will add there's, we need to let the public know just how many PDA children there are in the UK! Maybe then our Local Authorities will stop ignoring us!!!

Well done Amanda!!!
  • Amanda
    The more I read this article the more it worries me, so much so that I've added a media page to the maze website with a comment attached about the article and I've just emailed our local radio station and asked them if we can come in and have an online chat about PDA.

You up for that one with me Paula? Hehe!!
  • webbwebb
    Hi

Don't be too worried. I know what your saying but because you had the newspapers in to see you and they have not printed everything you wanted and mis-understood some of the main principles, then you feel responsible. DON'T.

You have managed to get some publicity for PDA - be proud.

By all means let's follow it up with more! I sure will come to the radio station if you need me!

Paula
  • Amanda
    They do, they rang this morning I'll ring you later with the details.

Mandx
  • mango69
    Amanda,
    I think its ok - don't worry too much - its not incriminating or anything - its quite neutral really. it is all good publicity and good luck with the radio.
    Margo
    x
This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions