Sign In

Please sign in using the log in form at the top of this page or click here

Not a member

You need to register before you can start a new discussion or comment on a post.

Click the button below to go to our forum registration page.

In this Discussion

Welcome to the PDA Society Forum. Please take time to read the 'Forum terms and conditions', which can be found via this webpage:https://www.pdasociety.org.uk/terms-and-conditions and also in our NEW Forum User Guide: https://www.pdasociety.org.uk/forum/forum-users-guide-created
Messages in the 'General Discussions' category of the forum are visible to all internet users. You are therefore advised not to post anything of a confidential nature in this category.
Welcome to the PDA Society Discussion Forum. Please read our User Guide for more information and contact forum@pdasociety.org.uk if you would like to join one of our closed Member Forums for registered members only.
PDA CONFERENCE- THANK YOU
  • lisafid
    Thanks to all of you who organized todays conference, it was a real credit to you all and all the hard work you have put into the Maze over the last few years.

Thanks Very much from a very grateful and now not so lonley Mum.

Lisa
  • angel child
    Wish I could of went but it would have taken me 4-5 hours to get there. :cry:

Lisa i'm really pleased you got the benefit of going and do not feel so alone now.

And as you said they are doing a wonderful job and putting so much hard work ino it, well done all of you involved in the seminar and Maze group :lol:
  • mango69
    It was a very good day Amanda, well done and your talk was excellent - and an added bonus to meet the rest of your family! Fiona Spears was very good too. Great to meet many of the members today.
    Margo
  • Amanda
    Thank you, I think I ran the whole day on adrenaline.

We do intend to do it again at some point. I've already identified the need to include a siblings speaker in the future and although I explained at the start of my talk I could only base my own talk on my own experiences and those of the parents I work with, I hope I have helped other parents realise that we do have experience to share and that sharing can make a difference.
    I knew you'd all like Fiona, it's not often you come across someone with such genuine concern for the children she teaches.

For me, although nerves were a factor at the start I felt among friends and that really helped. It was lovely to meet you all. I hope you were able to get a feel for The Maze and how wonderful it is, and the really special people who help make it that way.

A special thank you to Anne, Paula and Hayley, my scaffolding xxxxx
  • anoushja
    The day was fabulous, and a great honour to be part of it. I have to say that I am very proud to be part of the Maze and to be able to lead on the siblings project. Without you as such an inspiring and passionate manager Mand, the work the rest of us do wouldn't be possible - and I know the others would agree.

I must say thank you to all those members that made some lengthy journeys to be at the conference, without you there the day wouldn't have been what it was either.

Anne
  • webbwebb
    Hi Everyone

I felt very priviledged to live in Nottingham and be a volunteer with the Maze.
    The Conference was great!
    Mandy you are a real credit to your family, a passionate leader of the Maze, an inspiration to us all and a wonderful friend to me.
    Thankyou for sharing so much about your family that so many of us can learn from.

One of the best things for me (cause I have Mandy, Fiona and the Maze on my doorstep) was meeting so many of you at the conference. Thankyou so much for travelling such a long way to be with us, you made my day! You truely did make me feel that I was not alone, it's so good to meet each other as our lives are so similar!

I hope it won't be long before we can all meet up again!
  • jojes
    Yes thanks for conference really enjoyed both amanda and fiona.Be good if their was a dvd for sale so schools/other professionals could watch I feel you would be able to sell heaps,you gave a brill insite to how the child felt and fiona gave a exellent example as how you have to be around/with a child with PDA to be able to make it work, thanx.from joanne.
  • I also though it was brilliant - well done and thanks for all the useful info.
    Really nice to meet you all as well :D
    X
  • Pamela
    ok guys....... now I really feel i missed something special but as you all know my time is taken up alot at the moment with Olivia's health care needs with both her increase in seizure activity and her bowel difficulties. Is there any of the info or talks given that can be downloaded from somewhere or attached to an email?
  • Amanda
    Actually you were there hun lol

Fiona used a quote from one of your posts about Olivia that she had taken off the board a long long time ago.
    And I wasnt the only one who recognised your style of writing or your description of Olivia in her scooby doo mode.

Actually I promised to ask you if she could use a photo too for her talks.

So even though you weren't there in person you were there in spirit.

PM me your addy again (Yes I cant find it once again lol) and I'll send you one of the packs that were given out)

Mandxx
  • Pamela
    Of course! I will email you the photo.
This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions