Sign In

Please sign in using the log in form at the top of this page or click here

Not a member

You need to register before you can start a new discussion or comment on a post.

Click the button below to go to our forum registration page.

In this Discussion

Welcome to the PDA Society Forum. Please take time to read the 'Forum terms and conditions', which can be found via this webpage:https://www.pdasociety.org.uk/terms-and-conditions and also in our NEW Forum User Guide: https://www.pdasociety.org.uk/forum/forum-users-guide-created
Messages in the 'General Discussions' category of the forum are visible to all internet users. You are therefore advised not to post anything of a confidential nature in this category.
Welcome to the PDA Society Discussion Forum. Please read our User Guide for more information and contact forum@pdasociety.org.uk if you would like to join one of our closed Member Forums for registered members only.
We've heard about the PDA conference in Nottingham
  • angel child
    now would you lovely ladies consider holding one in the South coast or even London???

I think there could be enough parents and professionals down this way who would love to have your expertise on managing children with avoidance difficulties, I for one would certainly benefit from it and i'm sure there would be many more.

I have also spoken with our Autism out-reach and they would be interested in coming if it was local, notts is about 4 hrs drive for us and 5 and a half hr train journey and I guess this may not be possible for you as many of you have your own families and it is quite a journey.

Would the Maze group consider this request as it would certainly be very beneficial to so many of us who could not make it to Notts. :lol:
  • Amanda
    Yes of course we would. Of course we couldnt do it for nothing as the printing alone is pricy, but for a reasonable fee to The Maze and expenses then yes of course. Anne is already working on some info for parents about Siblings to add to what we are already doing and we've already been talking about making the training more accessable.

We can be contacted at admin@themazegroup.org if anyone wants to chat about it.
  • angel child
    Wouldn't expect you to do it for nothing ;-)

Will send you e-mail over the weekend :lol:
  • sdeejay
    Hello everyone

I am new to the site and agree that a conference down in the south east/London would be of enormous benefit to parents like myself with a newly diagnosed child with PDA and the professional teaching staff that have to teach them.

Still slogging it out with my local LEA for a statement and what is the best school placement as he is exceptionally bright so any additional information on management of children with this condition would be gratefully received.
  • Pounce
    Something here in the South would be fantastic!
This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions