Sign In

Please sign in using the log in form at the top of this page or click here

Not a member

You need to register before you can start a new discussion or comment on a post.

Click the button below to go to our forum registration page.

In this Discussion

Welcome to the PDA Society Forum. Please take time to read the 'Forum terms and conditions', which can be found via this webpage:https://www.pdasociety.org.uk/terms-and-conditions and also in our NEW Forum User Guide: https://www.pdasociety.org.uk/forum/forum-users-guide-created
Messages in the 'General Discussions' category of the forum are visible to all internet users. You are therefore advised not to post anything of a confidential nature in this category.
Welcome to the PDA Society Discussion Forum. Please read our User Guide for more information and contact forum@pdasociety.org.uk if you would like to join one of our closed Member Forums for registered members only.
BLUE BADGES
  • MUM24
    Hi I am new to this site and was wondering if anybody has any experience of applying for a disabled badge?
    I seem to be been sent round in circles at present over several issues but I will deal with one at a time!
    I have 4 children 2 of whom have special needs, 6 year old has developmental delay and social communication disoder, I recieve DLA at high rate care and lower rate mobility.
    4(nearly 5)year old who has a complicated diagnosis but I think it will end up been PDA I recieve middle rate care DLA
    3 year old who thinks he evil kinivle!
    and a 18 month old, they are all boys and I am a recent single parent(due to him not coping with the children) I often have a real issue in getting them all back to the car safely and into it, as the 4 year old often has huge tantrums which involve me restrainning him and man handleing him back to the car and then trying to get him in, and strapped into his car seat. BUT because he has no mobility issues I am having problems getting a badge.

Any thoughts gratefully recieved!
  • Amanda
    Hiya, unfortunately they won't look on your situation as a whole and the badges are allocated on individual merit and I suspect it is the ages of your children that is the deciding factor. It's a pain isn't it! The blue badges are hard to get and even harder when your children are small. I suppose you could ask your peadiatrician to provide you with a cover letter, that might help. I wish you luck.
This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions