Sign In

Please sign in using the log in form at the top of this page or click here

Not a member

You need to register before you can start a new discussion or comment on a post.

Click the button below to go to our forum registration page.

In this Discussion

Welcome to the PDA Society Forum. Please take time to read the 'Forum terms and conditions', which can be found via this webpage:https://www.pdasociety.org.uk/terms-and-conditions and also in our NEW Forum User Guide: https://www.pdasociety.org.uk/forum/forum-users-guide-created
Messages in the 'General Discussions' category of the forum are visible to all internet users. You are therefore advised not to post anything of a confidential nature in this category.
Welcome to the PDA Society Discussion Forum. Please read our User Guide for more information and contact forum@pdasociety.org.uk if you would like to join one of our closed Member Forums for registered members only.
Webb in LA ???
  • webbwebb
    Hi Everyone

Just a quick post to let you all know I'm off to LA (America) with my 17 yr old son who has Asperger's Syndrome.

Sounds great doesn't it - but I'm a wreck already!

He is very reclusive and has major social problems, this trip has been 3 years in the planning. He is going to an Animation Computer Convention.

We leave on Mon and already he can't sleep at all, he can't eat and he's being sick; the excitment and nerves are getting to him - roll on Monday.

My husband is having 10 days off work to look after our son with PDA and I've been asked to make lots of lists - what does he eat, what does he wear, what time does he go to bed!!!

HELP!!! I'm just praying we all survive!

Speak to you all in 10 days

Paula
  • mango69
    Wow - good luck with that Paula. I hope you both manage to enjoy some of it and you are not too worried about the other at home. Will be thinking about you
    Margo
  • Amanda
    Missing you already !!!! Enjoy hun, take care and we'll see you when you get back xx
  • GOOD LUCK LET US KNOW HOW YOU GET ON WHEN YOU GET BACK

LIZ
  • webbwebb
    Hi Everyone

Just to let you know that we had a great time in LA.
    My son Jonathan 17 who has Asperger's got to meet loads of his internet friends at the animation convention and he told me his "dream had come true".
    He really enjoyed the convention, he hardly slept all week and overcame his "reclusiveness" because all his friends were into the same thing.
    The icing on the cake was that he met up with a girl from the USA who he had been talking to for 2 years. They started a relationship whilst we were there, so watch this space!

I made a new friend for life (girl friends mum) and we saw LA, Holywood and Beverley Hills!

Eventhough I tried to think and overcome all the problems/obstacles Jonathan would encounter, he still had a few panic attacks - one was when I started driving our rental car, an automatic, sitting on the opposite side of the car, on the opposite side of the road!!!
    I was close to panic myself!

Matthew (PDA son) and his dad got on fairly well whilst I was away. Just one incident - Matthew punched a teacher in the face, school have said very little about it, they cope so well with him.

Now I must catch up with all your posts.

Paula
  • westd_Moderatorwestd_Moderator
    Sounds fantastic glad you enjoyed it!!!!
    Take care
    X
  • mango69
    Paula I am so pleased you both had a great time and that Matthew was also ok while you were away. Well done.
    xxx
  • Hope
    Hello Webb,
    it was so good to hear of your trip to the States. I can simpathise with the panic on the road, I had the same in Canada. Fortunately I didn't have a panicky passenger, just my husband who couldn't help with directions!!! Isn't it wonderful when you can do ordinary things - and some wonderful not so ordinary things.
    I wish you well with the relationship side as things progress.
    best wishes,
    Hope
This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions