Sign In

Please sign in using the log in form at the top of this page or click here

Not a member

You need to register before you can start a new discussion or comment on a post.

Click the button below to go to our forum registration page.

In this Discussion

Welcome to the PDA Society Forum. Please take time to read the 'Forum terms and conditions', which can be found via this webpage:https://www.pdasociety.org.uk/terms-and-conditions and also in our NEW Forum User Guide: https://www.pdasociety.org.uk/forum/forum-users-guide-created
Messages in the 'General Discussions' category of the forum are visible to all internet users. You are therefore advised not to post anything of a confidential nature in this category.
Welcome to the PDA Society Discussion Forum. Please read our User Guide for more information and contact forum@pdasociety.org.uk if you would like to join one of our closed Member Forums for registered members only.
The summer hols!!!
  • webbwebb
    Hi Everyone

Just wanted to say hi to everyone as the forum has been so, so quiet for the last 4 weeks.
    Don't get me wrong, I know exactly why, we are all so busy and exhausted looking after and entertaining our children that we don't have time to brush our teeth let alone get on the internet to chat to each other!

For me this is week 5 of the hols....2 weeks to go for us! It has been getting harder for the last week or so but maybe that's because we are running out of things to do in the miserable midlands weather! Today my 14 yr old with PDA, Matthew pulled a chair into the utility room and sat and watched the washing being washed in the washing machine!!! Trouble was we had been to town in the morning to his 3 favourite shops and in the afternoon we had been to Snibston Discovery Park for 4 hours......he gets bored very easily!!!

Anyway all I want to say is, hang on in there everyone and hope to hear from you all soon.

Paula
  • mango69
    Hi Paula,
    That sounds like a good day. I have had a much better summer than I was expecting. Max has been pretty chilled out. We have been to Cornwall and despite the rain we managed to have quite a good time visiting the dr who exhibition and digging up sand in the moments of sunshine. I can barely believe we have come 2/3rds of the holidays without too many bad days. Max has spent most of today playing with a tape measure!! I must say we have watched a lot of telly, swam in multiple indoor swimming pools and bought lots of magazines but they haven't killed each other yet! It is tiring keeping them occupied but it's been worth it so far. I hope everyone else is surviving too.
    Margo x
  • dirtmother
    Things have been OK for us too. Snibston Discovery Park made me smile as we tried to go earlier this year and managed to hit their brief annual maintenance closure - you can imagine how happy the children were about that!

We have also braved a 9th birthday - birthdays always a bit dicey and this one no exception, meltdown when we arrived for Spy School at Kenilworth Castle as he claimed to have been under the impression we were going to Toys R Us.

I took both boys away by myself for a couple of nights and that went well. In fact, at one point W's wobblies probably did us a favour as he 'declined' to do the second walk at Minsmere and in retrospect I think it could have been too much for me and then we'd all have been in a bit of a pickle. I think the uncertain weather has done us a favour as places haven't been crowded and so not many people to notice him skipping about feyly or lying face down in pebbles, and no queues.

Anyway, we're moving into Warwickshire tomorrow and maybe on to Derbyshire if we can get our house sold quickly enough...
This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions