The PDA Society is a Charity (Registered Charity Number: 1165038).
Your privacy is important to us
To better protect your privacy, in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018 and General Data Protection Regulations, we provide this notice explaining our general information practices and the way your information is collected and used. To make this notice easy to find and access it is available on all of our website pages, located at the bottom right hand corner of each page.
Our website also contains links to other third party sites. If you click on a third party link, you will be directed to that third party’s site. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites and encourage you to read their privacy statements.
The Information We Collect
Use and storage of your personal information
The PDA Society Commit to:
- Only process information necessary to establish or maintain registration or support.
- Only process information necessary to provide or administer activities for people who are registered users of the organisation, have regular contact with it or who contact us for support.
- Only share this information with people and organisations outside of the PDA Society when this is necessary to carry out the organisation’s activities or when there is a legal reason to do so, for example, relating to the protection or safeguarding of you or another person’s safety.
- Only keep the information while the individual is a registered user, supporter or requires our support or for as long as necessary for the purposes of our support administration, and remove your personal information at your request.
If you use our online discussion forum we may use the information you post and the responses to compile aggregate statistics (e.g. number of registered users, numbers of individuals addressing specific issues, etc.), to assist us in research and development to supply to our partners. In these cases, all information will be completely anonymous.
We publish newsletters and occasionally operate online surveys, which you can select to receive from the PDA Society at the point of registration. We will never sell our members e-mail addresses.
If you use our training hub:
- When you enrol as a student or subscriber (“learner”) on our training hub or related courses, as part of the enrolling process, we collect the personal information you give us such as your name and email address.
- When you provide us with personal information to become a learner on our training hub, make a purchase, or participate in the course, you imply that you consent to our collecting it and using it for that specific reason only.
- If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, like marketing, we will either ask you directly for your expressed consent, or provide you with an opportunity to say no.
- We may disclose your personal information if we are required by law to do so or if you violate our Terms and Conditions.
- Our courses and training hub are hosted by Thinkific Labs Inc. (“Thinkific”). They provide us with the online course creation platform that allow us to sell our product/services to you.
If you make a purchase or donation on our website or shop site, we use a third party payment processor. Courses and event tickets purchased through our training hub and Eventbrite are also processed by a third party. Payments are encrypted. For more insight, you may also want to read:
Our Commitment to Data Security
To prevent unauthorised access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. As a user, you agree to any information you have entered above being stored in a database. While this information will not be disclosed to any third party without your consent the webmaster, administrator and moderators cannot be held responsible for any hacking attempt that may lead to the data being compromised.
We also use third party organisations (‘Data Processors’) to help us manage our records and process orders, donations and payments and we ensure that the Data Processors we use are fully compliant with all Data Protection legislation. For more insight, you may also want to read their privacy statements:
We also link from our website to the following third party fundraising platforms whose privacy statements are also detailed below:
Our Commitment to Safeguarding Children and Adults at Risk
All the information that we receive is treated confidentially, unless there are any concerns regarding safeguarding. Any concerns regarding safeguarding, in accordance with our safeguarding policy, would be forwarded to our Safeguarding Lead Person, to be dealt with in accordance with current legislation and guidelines.
How to Contact Us
Should you have other questions or concerns about these policies or to find out what information we hold about you please write to:
The PDA Society
PO Box 6080
or send us an email at email@example.com.