This page signposts some sources of useful information and support regarding education.
The PDA Society takes considerable care to check the services that we signpost, however we’re not responsible for the quality, experience or outcomes from third party organisations.
When accessing services and support, it is likely that you’ll need to share information about the PDA profile of autism and what approaches are helpful with PDA with all the people you are in contact with – please feel free to print off or send links to any of the information on our website.
PDA specific support
- PDA Society Enquiry Line Service
- PDA Society Forum
- Education-related PDA support groups
- PDA & School
- Education, Health and Care Plans to support a PDA profile of autism
- Home education “hub”
- PDA & school avoidance podcast with James
- PDA & masking with James
Special educational needs charities and organisations
- SOS SEN
- ACE Education
- Contact – Education
- Enquire (Scotland)
- Senac (Northern Ireland)
- Talking SENse!
- CAST: Universal Design for Learning Framework (guides the design of goals, assessment, methods and materials that can be customised and adjusted to individual needs and to help make learning inclusive and transformative for everyone)
- Liverpool Law School (free SEN legal advice)
- Good Schools Guide
- National Autistic Society schools
- Special Needs Guide
- Schools Advice Service
- SEN Schools Guide
- Local authorities have lists of schools in their area
- Not Fine in School
- School Refusal Support Services
- Define Fine
- What can I do if my child wont go to school? - a guide for parents National Autistic Society (please note that the strategies suggested would require considerable adaptation for a PDA child).
- Fran Morgan from Square Peg talks about the barriers to school attendance in this presentation